Yes, parents need to know what’s happening at school in maths, science, history etc. but you need not worry.
The teachers have got this. Teachers are professionals, like a doctor, a surgeon or a lawyer. This is their speciality, trust them!
In a world that needs “real” leadership, there’s no better preparation for your child’s success than instilling the essential skills they will need in the future.
14 lessons every parent should teach at home are:
- Teach your child to play with those children who’ve been excluded.
- Teach your children to sit with the lonely child.
- Teach your children what’s right and to always do that.
- Expose your child to different foods, cultures, religions and people.
- Teach them how to show kindness.
- Teach them to help those who need it.
- Teach them to questions things.
- Teach them to encourage others and to support those who fail.
- Teach them to make a difference and to question their true intentions.
- Teach them to think about how others are feeling.
- Teach them to focus on actions rather than words.
- Teach them to ignore the naysayers and the critics.
- Teach them to keep going even if things go wrong, because from failure comes great lessons.
- Teach them to search for the good in people and focus on that!
These are the topics to discuss at home. Leave the teaching of the curriculum to us and I promise the rest will come.
#education #montessori #parents